1. Can I use my existing crank?
If you already have one of the following cranks you only need a power2max power meter and can use your existing crank:
- Rotor 3D, 3D Plus, or 3DF
- Specialized S-Works or FACT
- Cannondale Hollowgram SI, SISL, or SISL2
- SRAM S900, S950, and Force22
- BOR RR688
- Tune Smart Foot
- TA Carmina or Vega
If you currently have another crank you need both the power meter and a crank.
2. Which model is right for me?
When choosing the right model you should keep the following in mind:
- Frame bottom bracket standard: Not all cranks fit in all frames. Please check what type of bottom bracket standard your bike has and then use the filter function on the power meter page to find the right crank. The most popular frame formats currently are BSA (with external bottom bracket), BB30/PF30 (bearings in the frame, 30 mm axle), and BB86 (bearings in the frame, 24 mm axle)
- Crank length: Please check how long your current cranks are. The filter function on the right of the power meter page helps you find the right crank.
- Weight and design: Finally you need to choose which model you like best and whether you prefer a cheaper, but slightly heavier, model, or a super light high-end model.
3. Which Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) should I choose?
Finally you need to choose which version you want to use. A good starting point is to check what you currently have on your bike:
For road bikes:
Here you can choose between 110 BCD (Compact) and 130 BCD. For select models (Rotor 3D, 3D+/3DF and FSA K-Force Light and Gossamer) we also offer the Shimano 4-bolt pattern.
- If you choose Compact the smallest possible ring is 34 – good for mountains
- If you choose 130 BCD the smallest possible ring is 38 – better for flatter riding and time trialling
A Compact tends to make more sense if you ride more in the mountains, a 130 BCD if you are riding on the flat or use it for time trialling.
For mountain bikes:
You can choose between double (2×10 or 2×9) and triple configurations (3×10 or 3×9). The filter function will help you find the right version.
4. Which accessories do I need?
Finally you need to choose the right accessories:
- The right chain rings if you are not using your existing chain rings (important: check that you have the right BCD!)
- Chain ring bolts (if you are not using your existing ones)
- Corresponding bottom bracket (you will find information on compatible bottom brackets in the product description of each power meter)
- ANT+ compatible bike computer with power function
5. Install and start using
Once you have received your power2max you only need to install it and can start using it! In the support section you find a video explaining the installation process.
Enjoy your new power2max!